- Cloud 9 Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine22 West Padonia Rd. Suite A-203
Timonium, MD 21093
- • Tips to Manage Fall Allergy Season •
- • Fall’s Best Comfort Food •
- • 3 Tips to Keep Mentally Healthy in Fall •
- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:
Stress & Anxiety
Did you know… We have a Fertility Program at Cloud 9 Acupuncture?
We begin with a Couples Consultation to review a thorough medical history for both partners, including any work ups already done by our local fertility centers, Shady Grove Fertility Center or Johns Hopkins Fertility Center – both of which refer new patients to our practice because we specialize in chronic, complex cases.
Once we have completed the Couples Consultation we make a customized best recommendation for care based on our patient’s timeline and medical factors, like whether or not the couple will be trying to conceive naturally or they are already scheduled to begin the IVF process with Shady Grove or Johns Hopkins.
Our clinical director, Laura Parks, has 11 years of practice and has dedicated these 11 years to specializing in Fertility, studying with colleagues with twice as much clinical experience to design a Fertility Program that boasts over a 90% Success Rate in helping couples get pregnant and stay pregnant.
Sometimes couples do need intervention from a fertility center like Shady Grove, however, after the first couple of weeks of pregnancy, there is nothing else that a fertility center can offer to a fertility patient to prevent a miscarriage.
This is what is different about Cloud 9 Acupuncture. We offer a combination of innovative, advanced medical therapies to keep the endocrine system and hormones balanced, and keep the nervous system relaxed (and out of the “fight or flight” adrenaline rush), improve blood circulation to the uterus to nourish the beginning stages of pregnancy. Using ATP Resonance BioTherapy, O3 Regenerative Therapy, Direct Vitamin Injection Therapy, Acupuncture and Supplements we devise complete care plans. We also help treat morning sickness, headaches and migraines, pregnancy fatigue, and pains (like back pain, sciatica, shoulder pain) that often can not be addressed by medication during pregnancy, so natural alternatives like acupuncture are ideal.
Typically, we treat both partners to aid conception, and then focus on our Mom-To-Be exclusively during the entire pregnancy. The final trimester we help the body prepare for labor and delivery for a shorter, less intense labor and easier recovery, assist in flipping any Breech Baby presentation, and even provide labor induction acupuncture treatments if the OB/GYN doctor is recommending medical induction. We’ve done so many Breech Baby and Labor Induction treatments, we often get referrals for both services from a local hospital midwife practice.
At Cloud 9 we love helping to create miracles, helping couples have the baby they’ve been dreaming of. It’s what we live for!
Now that the weather is cooling down, some of us are dreaming about the beach. Feeling the sand between the toes. When you have neuropathy, that dream can easily become a nightmare, being uneasy on your feet, the fear of falling down and being embarrassed in front of your family and friends, feeling like a burden…
Our biggest fear as health care providers treating neuropathy patients is if a neuropathy patient decides not to treat their neuropathy, and doesn’t realize how much sensation they have lost in their feet, they are still driving a car and end up driving through a store front window.
I know, it may sound extreme. Unfortunately, this is a weekly (or more) occurrence in retirement towns in the Carolinas, the South West, and Florida where there are many retirees.
Neuropathy is a progressive condition that basically presents as a gradual loss of sensation from the most peripheral aspect of your feet or hands, the numbness creeps up the limbs over time, becoming more and more numb, less and less safe to drive or even walk.
Fortunately, Now there is Hope. Acupuncture Can Help.
We have an 85% success rate in treating Neuropathy. Utilizing special, innovative therapies exclusively available at our clinic, call to see if you are a candidate for treatment in our Neuropathy Program today. Don’t wait another day.
With over 10 years of clinical success helping couples have the baby of their dreams, we know what it takes to get pregnant and stay pregnant.
As we tell our patients, “it takes two to tango!” which is why we treat both partners to improve the egg quality and the sperm quality. Often couples have had preliminary screenings by the OB/GYN office, and sometimes even a full work-up by the local Fertility Center, Shady Grove or Johns Hopkins prior to scheduling a consult. Many couples are then diagnosed with “unexplained infertility” – perhaps one of the most frustrating labels in one’s fertility journey – because there is no real diagnosis, no exact definition of “what’s wrong with me?” so that you can then focus on solving the problem.
Instead, it usually leads patients to feel a deep sense of guilt in not being able to conceive, unnecessary shame, worry that they will never be able to have a child, and fear that they will run out of time before their biological clock runs out. The fear is quite real, as egg quantity and quality (ovarian reserve) severely diminish rapidly, monthly after turning 40.
We are here for you.
With our advanced and innovative therapies, we provide hope to those who otherwise have none. We utilize therapies that help turn back the clock and improve egg and sperm quality, improve circulation and blood flow to the uterus, and decrease stress on the nervous system, thereby improving hormone function and supporting couples to get pregnant and carry to term, with a happy, healthy baby and a smoother labor and delivery. Moms bounce back from labor better after receiving regular prenatal acupuncture care, preparing their bodies for labor and postpartum recovery. Our acupuncturist, Laura, is here with you every step of the way with guided experience as a mom ready to lend an ear or share advise on your future baby shower wish list (yes, you really do need all those burp cloths!) – start with a consult today to join the Cloud 9 Acupuncture family as you embark on your fertility journey.
Sometimes, we just need a little help.
For most of us, this year has been the most stressful -possibly ever. If you have noticed gaining weight during this Pandemic, it is not your fault. Let us repeat: It is Not. Your. Fault.
Stress creates Cortisol levels to spike. Cortisol is often discussed as a big factor in making it easy to gain weight, and difficult to lose weight. For most of us, our Fight or Flight response is constantly running, at an all time high due to the circumstances of 2020.
Now, add in cold weather creeping in – a trigger for many of us to gain weight. Not to mention the holiday season (whatever that will look like) is coming soon. Don’t panic. Just know that we are here for you if you want a little help!
We have effortless ways to support patients who are feeling a lack of control and noticing the scale going up. From a Weight Loss Injection of vitamins and minerals, and all natural supplements, and acupuncture, we’ll have you feeling better in no time.
Questions? Give us a Call at 410-847-4766
Did You Know? . . .
- It was clinically observed that a significant number of fertility couples who experienced delays in trying to conceive naturally also had low Vitamin D levels, first published online 2017 Jun 16, referenced research study at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5545066/
- As of Sept. 3, 2020, doctors are showing a connection between COVID-19 and deficient levels of Vitamin D3. ““Vitamin D is important to the function of the immune system and vitamin D supplements have previously been shown to lower the risk of viral respiratory tract infections,” said David Meltzer, MD, PhD, Chief of Hospital Medicine at UChicago Medicine and lead author of the study. “Our statistical analysis suggests this may be true for the COVID-19 infection.” Referenced at: https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/vitamin-d-deficiency-may-raise-risk-of-getting-covid19
- According to the Mayo Clinic, https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-vitamin-d/art-20363792
“Evidence has Shown:
Research on vitamin D use for specific conditions shows:
- Cancer. Research suggests that vitamin D, especially when taken with calcium, might help prevent certain cancers.
- Cognitive health. Early research suggests that vitamin D might play a role in cognitive health. In one small study of adults age 60 years and older being treated for dementia, researchers found that taking a vitamin D supplement helped improve cognitive function.
- Inherited disorders. Vitamin D supplements can be used to help treat inherited disorders resulting from an inability to absorb or process vitamin D, such as familial hypophosphatemia.
- Multiple sclerosis. Research suggests that long-term vitamin D supplementation reduces the risk of multiple sclerosis.
- Osteomalacia. Vitamin D supplements are used to treat adults with severe vitamin D deficiency, resulting in loss of bone mineral content, bone pain, muscle weakness and soft bones (osteomalacia).
- Osteoporosis. Studies suggest that people who get enough vitamin D and calcium in their diets can slow bone mineral loss, help prevent osteoporosis and reduce bone fractures.
- Psoriasis. Applying vitamin D or a topical preparation that contains a vitamin D compound called calcipotriene to the skin can treat plaque-type psoriasis in some people.
- Rickets. This rare condition develops in children with vitamin D deficiency. Supplementing with vitamin D can prevent and treat the problem.”