- Cloud 9 Acupuncture22 West Padonia Rd. Suite A-203
Timonium, MD 21093
Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:“The Top 10 Reasons to Try Acupuncture”
- Acupuncture for Treating Depression
- The Benefits of Moxibustion
- Secrets Acupuncturists Use to Stay Healthy
What’s in your mug? There are coffee enthusiasts, and there are tea aficionados. If you’re a bigger fan of tea, then you already know how it can directly impact your mind and body. Whether it’s your first beverage in the morning or your last before bed, drinking tea is part of a routine that helps many people get through the day and establish a sense of well-being. If you want to be more intentional about drinking tea, here is an overview of the best teas you should be drinking.
For Physical Health
Tea is defined as an aromatic beverage. It just requires hot (or cold) water to infuse the flavors and other compounds into your brewed cup. For physical health, various types of tea feature elements that have a positive impact on your body.
- Peppermint tea has a minty and cool flavor. It can help calm an upset stomach if you’re feeling nauseous or generally queasy. It’s also great for bloating and indigestion.
- Chamomile also works against bloating and nausea. It’s also helpful for irritable bowel syndrome and colic.
- Fennel tea can help settle stomach pain, including heartburn and bloating.
- Green tea is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. It can also help boost your immune system.
- Hibiscus tea features useful vitamin C and antibacterial properties.
- Ginger tea helps relieve muscle aches, motion sickness, and headaches. It can also help loosen congestion and relieve a sore throat.
Cramps and PMS
- Ginger tea helps relieve muscle aches and can be beneficial for increasing comfort during menstrual cramps. It can also help reduce heavy blood flow.
- Tumeric tea features curcumin, a biologically active compound that helps relieve pain.
- Green tea contains health-promoting compounds called polyphenols that inhibit inflammatory responses.
- Holy Basil tea helps the body overcome physical stress. It’s rich in vitamins A and C, calcium, zinc, iron, and chlorophyll.
- Rose Hip tea contains antioxidants, beta carotene, and vitamins C and E.
For Mental Health
- Herbal teas can help stimulate mental health by bringing about specific effects that include relaxation and tranquility. A cup of tea can also help reduce stress and anxiety while increasing mental focus.
Calm and Relaxation
- Lavender tea is caffeine-free. It’s known for its aromatic head that can help induce relaxation and calm agitation.
- Lemon Balm tea helps calm restlessness and reduce feelings of alertness. It’s also beneficial for reducing nervousness.
- Hawthorn berries are tiny fruits that grow on trees and shrubs. Making hawthorn tea has been known to calm emotional distress and lower blood pressure.
- Valerian Root tea can help ease the inability to sleep by reducing the amount of time it takes to fall asleep.
- Catnip tea contains nepetalactone, which induces drowsiness, reduces anxiety, and calm restlessness.
- Banana tea helps blood vessels and muscles relax, allowing you to stay asleep longer.
Ginseng is said to resemble a human body in shape, and it has been used for years in Asia. Recently, it has become a popular item in Western culture. Many claims about this root have been advertised, such as its reputation for extending longevity and its use for stamina and endurance. Let’s look at the types of ginseng and the differences.
There are three main types of ginseng used: continue reading
Zheng Gu Shui or “Evil Bone Water” has been around for over 500 years as a Chinese Herbal Formula to Treat Pain.
This Evil Bone Water is made by Saint Acupuncture, right here in the USA.
It’s good for Broken Bones, Joint Pain & Arthritis, Bruises, Muscle Cramps or PMS Cramps, Sprains, Sports Injuries, Carpal Tunnel, and Insect Bites.
It is an all natural, plant-based formula that goes Amazingly Well with our
other Superstar Pain Product, Tiger Mom CBD Roller.
We put Evil Bone Water on first where you are having pain, then we roll on the Tiger Mom CBD and . . .
BAM! It’s a 1 – 2 Punch to knock out the pain. The Evil Bone Water gets in deep to the bone (or the joints) where your pain is and helps Tiger Mom CBD get in deeper and faster to provide pain relief. Both Evil Bone Water & Tiger Mom CBD are rich in anti-inflammatory properties while significantly reducing pain, helping the muscles feel looser and restoring Range of Motion to stiff joints and muscles.
Make an appointment today to demo Evil Bone Water and Tiger Mom CBD at your next acupuncture session!
Next time you’re in a wide open field, pasture or meadow dotted with beautiful yellow dandelions, know that these prolific little delights are not only beautiful, but packed with nutrition and offer a host of healthy benefits. Let’s explore this amazing flower. continue reading
Digestive disorders can be simple like flatulence or gas, or they can be much more serious, such as Crohn’s disease. But regardless of the severity of the disease, there is no doubt digestive disorders affect far more people than they should, especially in the United States. A recent survey reports nearly 74 percent of all Americans are living with digestive issues. Most people don’t report it to their doctors either, because they assume it is normal to have gas, bloating or abdominal pain. But these symptoms can be indicators of much more serious underlying problems. continue reading