- Cloud 9 Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine22 West Padonia Rd. Suite A-203
Timonium, MD 21093
Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) practice that involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the body. By stimulating these points, acupuncture can help to promote healing.
There is a growing body of scientific research that supports the benefits of acupuncture. Studies have shown that acupuncture can be effective for treating a variety of conditions, including:
- Pain: Acupuncture has been shown to be effective for relieving pain caused by a variety of conditions, including chronic pain, like back pain, knee pain, sciatica, as well as arthritis, and headaches or migraines.
- Neuropathy: At Cloud 9 Acupuncture, we have a comprehensive neuropathy program designed to alleviate symptoms, with over a 85% success rate.
- Autoimmune: With advanced therapies in combination with acupuncture, we provide relief from the often debilitating symptoms of autoimmune conditions like IBS, Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, MS, Lyme’s disease and more.
- Anxiety and depression: Acupuncture can help to reduce anxiety and depression by stimulating the production of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
- Fertility: Acupuncture can help to improve fertility by increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs.
- Nausea and vomiting: Acupuncture can help to relieve nausea and vomiting caused by pregnancy, chemotherapy, and motion sickness.
- Smoking cessation: Acupuncture can help people quit smoking by reducing cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
If you are considering acupuncture, begin with a consult with Dr. Laura here at Cloud 9 Acupuncture.
Anxiety and Depression are at all time highs over the last few years. Mental health has become a crucial focus in health care and many folks have newly sought out relief with anti-depressant medications.
However, many do not enjoy the unwanted side effects of anti-depressants. Whether it’s weight gain, fatigue, a completely flat affect (never feeling “big emotions” of anger, sadness, or joy), low libido, or impotence, patients seek out alternative options.
Acupuncture helps with anxiety and depression by improving the neurotransmitter response in the brain, and providing a balancing effect to the different bio-hormones in the body. Dr. Parks has extensive experience treating anxiety, depression, and PTSD using acupuncture, helping patients to either reduce or eliminate medications and side effects.
For the last 3 years, Dr. Parks has added an additional therapy to help called Brain TapTM, a headset that utilizes light and sound with guided meditations designed to create new synapses and open new pathways in the brain, allowing patients to experience faster and deeper states of relaxation using similar techniques to hypnosis and neuro-linguistic programming. Most patients report becoming so relaxed that they drift asleep during their session, especially when combining acupuncture with the Brain TapTM headset.
Certain vitamin injection therapy provides a significant reduction in inflammation within the brain and nervous system, which has created vast improvements with anxiety and depression.
Each patient is considered on a case by case basis as to what therapies will be most appropriate for their treatment goals, after a thorough medical consultation and intake with Dr. Parks, with over a 90% success rate in reducing anxiety and depression naturally.
Whether you’re suffering from low back pain, or neuropathy, infertility or headaches, you’ll want to find the best acupuncture clinic that suits your needs the best.
The very best way is to call and speak with the receptionist of your clinic of interest and ask them if they have experience in or specialize in your primary condition you are seeking care for. While most acupuncturists have trained extensively for 3-5 years in graduate level study acupuncture programs, and receive a Master’s degree or a Doctorate (also known as a Acupuncture Physician), it’s still best to work with an acupuncturist or clinic that has experienced success in treating your condition.
Some questions you can ask when you phone a prospective acupuncture clinic:
Has the acupuncturist treated my type of condition before?
What is the success rate of treating my condition at this clinic?
How many years of experience does the acupuncturist have?
Do you offer any additional therapies beyond acupuncture to help address my condition?
What can I expect during my first visit? (Is it just a consultation, or will I receive treatment that day?)
Most of our patients are referred by word of mouth, from former patients who have also experienced success. Our acupuncturist Dr. Laura Parks does specialize in chronic, complex conditions and has been practicing for over 13 years. She received her acupuncture doctorate from Five Branches University, and acupuncture masters from Maryland University of Integrative Health (formerly Tai Sophia). Dr. Parks has been treating Fertility patients for over 13 years and specializing in neuropathy for over 4 years, with over a 85% success rate.
As mental health issues have come to the forefront in recent years, many have sought more natural treatment options that don’t involve pharmaceuticals and their potentially harmful effects. Acupuncture has become a popular option for treating mental health issues, including depression. But does it work? Before we answer that question, let’s give a proper definition to both acupuncture and depression. continue reading