At Cloud 9 Acupuncture we consider it an honor and a privilege to work with women and couples, and empower women during their fertility journey.
How Can Acupuncture Help With Fertility?
Acupuncture can help with all stages in the fertility journey from conception to delivery. Some benefits of acupuncture include:
• Regulate menstruation and increase the blood flow to the uterus
• Improve sperm count
• Relieve stress
• Regulate the hormones and increase ovarian response function
• Reduce the side effects of hormone treatments
• Increase and strengthen the immune system
• Improve the success rate of IVF
• Decrease the chances of miscarriage and increase the rate of live birth
Whether you are working with a Fertility Center, PCOS specialist, gearing up for IVF or IUI, working with a Reproductive Endocrinologist, or simply trying to conceive naturally – we can help!
Acupuncture / Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and PCOS
Acupuncture is extremely effective in regulating hormone levels in the body, and this is quite helpful when treating a patient who has been diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and is trying to conceive. By balancing the body’s hormone levels, acupuncture has been shown to make periods more regular and help patients ovulate*. If weight is an issue, acupuncture can also support the PCOS patient by helping with weight loss. It does this through its ability to balance hormones, curb appetite, and reduce stress.
The frequency and duration of your acupuncture treatment at Cloud 9 Acupuncture Community Clinic is determined at the initial appointment and based on a number of factors. The severity of the PCOS, the patient’s constitutional level, and whether or not a patient is undergoing a medicated fertility treatment cycle are taken into consideration upon your treatment plan.
*Source: Stener-Victorin E et al, Effects of electro-acupuncture on anovulation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2000 Mar;79(3):180-8
Our approach to helping you conceive is a holistic one, looking at all aspects of your and your partner’s health and wellbeing. Based on advanced post-graduate training and a multi-faceted treatment combining acupuncture, supplements, nutrition & lifestyle recommendations we will help you conceive in the most timely, natural, least invasive, and cost-effective way possible.
So whether you’ve suffered from recurrent miscarriage, contemplating ART (assisted reproductive technology), are undergoing an IUI or IVF cycle, have already had unsuccessful IUI or IVF cycles, or are simply looking for support to conceive naturally, we can help.
Acupuncture can increase your chances of becoming pregnant and having a baby in the following ways:
• Regulate hormones (FSH, progesterone, estrogen, etc) and menstrual phases
• Improve the function of the ovaries to produce follicles with higher quality eggs
• Increase blood flow to the uterus and increase the uterine lining to facilitate implantation
• Resolve unexplained infertility, recurrent miscarriages, irregular menses, PCOS, endometriosis
• Improve sperm volume, count, motility and morphology
• Strengthen the immune system to decrease likelihood of miscarriage
• Diminish side effects of fertility medication, improving compliance and efficacy
• Increase relaxation before and after IUI/IVF transfer to prevent uterine contraction and improve chances of implantation
• Increase your chances of success with IUI or IVF cycles
• Help women of “advanced maternal age” conceive and carry to term
• Improve quality of semen and eggs, thereby improving health of the embryo and reducing risk of miscarriage
In the past several years, Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture have been recognized to appreciably impact ART pregnancy outcomes.
O3 Regenerative Therapy and Fertility Success
We are happy to announce that we are now offering O3 Regenerative Therapy for Fertility Patients. According to research it is suggested that ozone therapy could have beneficial effect on tubal occlusion, could protect from endometritis and vaginitis, might protect ovaries from ischemia and oocyte loss and finally might lead to less formation of pelvic adhesions. To Learn More About the Research Mentioned Please Visit the Following Link: Ozone Therapy and Fertility
Both ongoing clinical trial data and recent meta-analysis show a statistically significant improvement in IVF pregnancy rate with acupuncture treatment.
(BMJ 2008;336:545-549 (8 March), doi:10.1136/bmj.39471.430451.BE (published 7 February 2008 – “Effects of acupuncture on rates of pregnancy and live birth among women undergoing in vitro fertilisation: systematic review and meta-analysis”).
Regardless of what diagnosis or label has been given to you, our approach is to treat the whole of you – restoring health, balance and well-being.
With some gentle encouragement, your dream of conceiving and having a baby can come true.
Acupuncture: Essential Part of IVF Success, Research Finds
Paul Magarelli, M.D., Ph.D., an infertility physician at the Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Center, in Colorado Springs, Colo., published their evidence of acupuncture’s demonstrable role in successful vitro fertilization (IVF) outcomes in the journal Infertility and Sterility.
In the study, they used a minimum of nine acupuncture treatments within two months before the embryo transfer. Since this was a research study, each patient received the same treatment.
Lorne Brown, CA, Doctor of TCM, founder and clinical director of Acubalance Wellness Centre, analyzed the data Dr. Magarelli presented and has posted the following conclusions on his website (www.acubalance.ca):
• Acupuncture does not cause harm to fertility or negatively interfere with an IVF outcome.
• Acupuncture can statically improve the live birth rate from IVF by 10 percent to 15 percent.
• Acupuncture reduces the number of ectopic pregnancies occurring in IVF fertilizations.
• The acupuncture protocol (minimum of nine treatments using set points) did not affect egg quality, but did improve factors affecting egg implantation
• Acupuncture improves implantation and live birth rates by regulating the body’s hormone levels to mimic these hormone levels in a natural cycle.
Source: Infertility and Sterility, April 2007
You can call us to book your Fertility Acupuncture appointments, or Request an Appointment online.
Please be sure to fill out your New Patient Intake Forms, including “Fertility Intake Form” to bring with you to your first appointment.