What We Treat
Now that the weather is cooling down, some of us are dreaming about the beach. Feeling the sand between the toes. When you have neuropathy, that dream can easily become a nightmare, being uneasy on your feet, the fear of falling down and being embarrassed in front of your family and friends, feeling like a burden…
Our biggest fear as health care providers treating neuropathy patients is if a neuropathy patient decides not to treat their neuropathy, and doesn’t realize how much sensation they have lost in their feet, they are still driving a car and end up driving through a store front window.
I know, it may sound extreme. Unfortunately, this is a weekly (or more) occurrence in retirement towns in the Carolinas, the South West, and Florida where there are many retirees.
Neuropathy is a progressive condition that basically presents as a gradual loss of sensation from the most peripheral aspect of your feet or hands, the numbness creeps up the limbs over time, becoming more and more numb, less and less safe to drive or even walk.
Fortunately, Now there is Hope. Acupuncture Can Help.
We have an 85% success rate in treating Neuropathy. Utilizing special, innovative therapies exclusively available at our clinic, call to see if you are a candidate for treatment in our Neuropathy Program today. Don’t wait another day.
With over 10 years of clinical success helping couples have the baby of their dreams, we know what it takes to get pregnant and stay pregnant.
As we tell our patients, “it takes two to tango!” which is why we treat both partners to improve the egg quality and the sperm quality. Often couples have had preliminary screenings by the OB/GYN office, and sometimes even a full work-up by the local Fertility Center, Shady Grove or Johns Hopkins prior to scheduling a consult. Many couples are then diagnosed with “unexplained infertility” – perhaps one of the most frustrating labels in one’s fertility journey – because there is no real diagnosis, no exact definition of “what’s wrong with me?” so that you can then focus on solving the problem.
Instead, it usually leads patients to feel a deep sense of guilt in not being able to conceive, unnecessary shame, worry that they will never be able to have a child, and fear that they will run out of time before their biological clock runs out. The fear is quite real, as egg quantity and quality (ovarian reserve) severely diminish rapidly, monthly after turning 40.
We are here for you.
With our advanced and innovative therapies, we provide hope to those who otherwise have none. We utilize therapies that help turn back the clock and improve egg and sperm quality, improve circulation and blood flow to the uterus, and decrease stress on the nervous system, thereby improving hormone function and supporting couples to get pregnant and carry to term, with a happy, healthy baby and a smoother labor and delivery. Moms bounce back from labor better after receiving regular prenatal acupuncture care, preparing their bodies for labor and postpartum recovery. Our acupuncturist, Laura, is here with you every step of the way with guided experience as a mom ready to lend an ear or share advise on your future baby shower wish list (yes, you really do need all those burp cloths!) – start with a consult today to join the Cloud 9 Acupuncture family as you embark on your fertility journey.
Did You Know… Arthritis is no match for Acupuncture.
Acupuncture is over 3,000 years old and has been used for arthritis for centuries. Any arthritis sufferer already knows the cold, damp and windy weather Fall and Winter are famous for flare up one’s arthritis without warning. Many can “feel a storm coming on” hours or days in advance.
Acupuncture helps by boosting circulation, invigorating the stiff, aging body parts with fresh, oxygen rich blood chock full of nutrients where needed most. It also moves the lymphatic system, which we affectionately describe as “the one who takes out the trash,” your lymphatic system is what hurries toxins and inflammation and cellular waste out of your body, flushing through your urinary, bowels and perspiration. We never stop learning at Cloud 9 Acupuncture, and just this year alone we have added three new therapies to help our chronic pain patients.
As we age, we are often prone to becoming nutrient deficient in key factors to healing, such as B Vitamins, Magnesium, and Vitamin C & D, to name a few.
That’s why here at Cloud 9 we’ve added Direct Vitamin Injection Therapy (DVIT) to inject the aforementioned vitamins into an acupuncture point to deliver necessary nutrients directly to the bloodstream to help the body heal faster from injuries.
Speaking of Injections, we are also offering O3 Regenerative Therapy which provides stellar results in regenerating cells and tissue, especially for arthritis or joint degeneration.
Ask your acupuncturist at your next visit about DVIT and O3 Regenerative Therapy to learn more and to see if you are a good candidate for these innovative new therapies.
Our Newest Therapy
O3 Regenerative TherapyTM
Can Be Used for Many Conditions!
O3 Regenerative Therapy™ Injections are a great treatment for chronic joint pain (knee, back, and shoulders). Your body has the ability heal itself, sometimes it just needs a push in the right direction.
What To Expect With
O3 Regenerative Therapy™
Of Any Joint
Including Degenerated / Dehydrated Discs
Except True Hormonal Migraines
Rotator Cuff Tear
Chronic Ankle Sprains
Chronic Subluxation / Dislocation Of Shoulder
Torn Labrum Of Shoulder Or Hip
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Texters / Quilters Thumb
Is there research on O3 Regenerative Therapy And Fertility?
Yes! Use the following link to see one of many research articles about the success stories of O3 Therapy and Fertility. Ozone Therapy and Fertility
Did You Know? . . .
- It was clinically observed that a significant number of fertility couples who experienced delays in trying to conceive naturally also had low Vitamin D levels, first published online 2017 Jun 16, referenced research study at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5545066/
- As of Sept. 3, 2020, doctors are showing a connection between COVID-19 and deficient levels of Vitamin D3. ““Vitamin D is important to the function of the immune system and vitamin D supplements have previously been shown to lower the risk of viral respiratory tract infections,” said David Meltzer, MD, PhD, Chief of Hospital Medicine at UChicago Medicine and lead author of the study. “Our statistical analysis suggests this may be true for the COVID-19 infection.” Referenced at: https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/vitamin-d-deficiency-may-raise-risk-of-getting-covid19
- According to the Mayo Clinic, https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-vitamin-d/art-20363792
“Evidence has Shown:
Research on vitamin D use for specific conditions shows:
- Cancer. Research suggests that vitamin D, especially when taken with calcium, might help prevent certain cancers.
- Cognitive health. Early research suggests that vitamin D might play a role in cognitive health. In one small study of adults age 60 years and older being treated for dementia, researchers found that taking a vitamin D supplement helped improve cognitive function.
- Inherited disorders. Vitamin D supplements can be used to help treat inherited disorders resulting from an inability to absorb or process vitamin D, such as familial hypophosphatemia.
- Multiple sclerosis. Research suggests that long-term vitamin D supplementation reduces the risk of multiple sclerosis.
- Osteomalacia. Vitamin D supplements are used to treat adults with severe vitamin D deficiency, resulting in loss of bone mineral content, bone pain, muscle weakness and soft bones (osteomalacia).
- Osteoporosis. Studies suggest that people who get enough vitamin D and calcium in their diets can slow bone mineral loss, help prevent osteoporosis and reduce bone fractures.
- Psoriasis. Applying vitamin D or a topical preparation that contains a vitamin D compound called calcipotriene to the skin can treat plaque-type psoriasis in some people.
- Rickets. This rare condition develops in children with vitamin D deficiency. Supplementing with vitamin D can prevent and treat the problem.”