Neuropathy plagues approximately 20 million people in the United States. This particular type of nerve damage can have a multitude of medical causes.
- Chemotherapy (or Radiation) Induced Peripheral Neuropathy also known as CIPN
- Nerve damage, especially originating from spinal compression, bulging disc, or pinched nerve.
- Viral Induced (including COVID-19)
Symptoms usually include tingling, numbness that can be quite painful, feeling of walking on “pins and needles,” unable to properly feel one’s feet or hands. After the pain of numbness and sharp, hot pain fades the feet or hands become truly numb, which is a progressive degeneration of the condition. This is a sign that the peripheral nerves have actually died and started to recede, which presents as true numbness creeping upwards, for example from the feet up the legs to even the groin. Or from the hands towards the shoulder. The exact level of severity of the Neuropathy condition is assessed by a neurological exam called the Toronto Exam.
Unfortunately, there is not much doctors can offer to treat neuropathy… Until now.
Now there is Hope.
At Cloud 9 Acupuncture, we have over a 85% success rate in significantly improving neuropathy cases. Without meds, without side effects, we use acupuncture combined with cutting edge technology to create a reversal of neuropathy. To get started, call for a consultation to find out if you are a candidate for our Neuropathy Program.
Now that the weather is cooling down, some of us are dreaming about the beach. Feeling the sand between the toes. When you have neuropathy, that dream can easily become a nightmare, being uneasy on your feet, the fear of falling down and being embarrassed in front of your family and friends, feeling like a burden…
Our biggest fear as health care providers treating neuropathy patients is if a neuropathy patient decides not to treat their neuropathy, and doesn’t realize how much sensation they have lost in their feet, they are still driving a car and end up driving through a store front window.
I know, it may sound extreme. Unfortunately, this is a weekly (or more) occurrence in retirement towns in the Carolinas, the South West, and Florida where there are many retirees.
Neuropathy is a progressive condition that basically presents as a gradual loss of sensation from the most peripheral aspect of your feet or hands, the numbness creeps up the limbs over time, becoming more and more numb, less and less safe to drive or even walk.
Fortunately, Now there is Hope. Acupuncture Can Help.
We have an 85% success rate in treating Neuropathy. Utilizing special, innovative therapies exclusively available at our clinic, call to see if you are a candidate for treatment in our Neuropathy Program today. Don’t wait another day.
Our Newest Therapy
O3 Regenerative TherapyTM
Can Be Used for Many Conditions!
O3 Regenerative Therapy™ Injections are a great treatment for chronic joint pain (knee, back, and shoulders). Your body has the ability heal itself, sometimes it just needs a push in the right direction.
What To Expect With
O3 Regenerative Therapy™
Of Any Joint
Including Degenerated / Dehydrated Discs
Except True Hormonal Migraines
Rotator Cuff Tear
Chronic Ankle Sprains
Chronic Subluxation / Dislocation Of Shoulder
Torn Labrum Of Shoulder Or Hip
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Texters / Quilters Thumb
Is there research on O3 Regenerative Therapy And Fertility?
Yes! Use the following link to see one of many research articles about the success stories of O3 Therapy and Fertility. Ozone Therapy and Fertility
Did You Know? . . .
- It was clinically observed that a significant number of fertility couples who experienced delays in trying to conceive naturally also had low Vitamin D levels, first published online 2017 Jun 16, referenced research study at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5545066/
- As of Sept. 3, 2020, doctors are showing a connection between COVID-19 and deficient levels of Vitamin D3. ““Vitamin D is important to the function of the immune system and vitamin D supplements have previously been shown to lower the risk of viral respiratory tract infections,” said David Meltzer, MD, PhD, Chief of Hospital Medicine at UChicago Medicine and lead author of the study. “Our statistical analysis suggests this may be true for the COVID-19 infection.” Referenced at: https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/vitamin-d-deficiency-may-raise-risk-of-getting-covid19
- According to the Mayo Clinic, https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-vitamin-d/art-20363792
“Evidence has Shown:
Research on vitamin D use for specific conditions shows:
- Cancer. Research suggests that vitamin D, especially when taken with calcium, might help prevent certain cancers.
- Cognitive health. Early research suggests that vitamin D might play a role in cognitive health. In one small study of adults age 60 years and older being treated for dementia, researchers found that taking a vitamin D supplement helped improve cognitive function.
- Inherited disorders. Vitamin D supplements can be used to help treat inherited disorders resulting from an inability to absorb or process vitamin D, such as familial hypophosphatemia.
- Multiple sclerosis. Research suggests that long-term vitamin D supplementation reduces the risk of multiple sclerosis.
- Osteomalacia. Vitamin D supplements are used to treat adults with severe vitamin D deficiency, resulting in loss of bone mineral content, bone pain, muscle weakness and soft bones (osteomalacia).
- Osteoporosis. Studies suggest that people who get enough vitamin D and calcium in their diets can slow bone mineral loss, help prevent osteoporosis and reduce bone fractures.
- Psoriasis. Applying vitamin D or a topical preparation that contains a vitamin D compound called calcipotriene to the skin can treat plaque-type psoriasis in some people.
- Rickets. This rare condition develops in children with vitamin D deficiency. Supplementing with vitamin D can prevent and treat the problem.”
Give Vitamin C a shot!
Did you know? . . . Our ability to absorb nutrients starts to decline starting around age 40. That's why we are so excited to offer Vitamin C Injections (Direct Vitamin Injection Therapy, DVIT). This year especially, it's important for us to maintain healthy vitamin C, D3 and B12 levels. Vitamin C is infamous in helping to Boost the Immune System.
How Dietary Needs Change with Aging
from Presenter: Katherine Tucker, referenced at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK51837/
“Dietary needs change with aging in several ways:
People become less active, their metabolism slows, their energy requirement decreases, all of which mean that they need to eat less.
Recent research demonstrates that because older adults’ abilities to absorb and utilize many nutrients become less efficient, their nutrient requirements (particularly as a function of body mass) actually increase. Tucker mentioned that the last set of nutrition recommendations issued by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) include separate recommendations for people age 70 and above for this reason (IOM, 2006).
Tucker noted that as some of the previous speakers had discussed, chronic conditions and medications can affect nutrition requirements. For example, in addition to drug-nutrient interactions affecting drug metabolism, some drug-nutrient interactions are also nutrient wasting. This is especially true of the B vitamins.”