Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) practice that involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the body. By stimulating these points, acupuncture can help to promote healing.
There is a growing body of scientific research that supports the benefits of acupuncture. Studies have shown that acupuncture can be effective for treating a variety of conditions, including:
- Pain: Acupuncture has been shown to be effective for relieving pain caused by a variety of conditions, including chronic pain, like back pain, knee pain, sciatica, as well as arthritis, and headaches or migraines.
- Neuropathy: At Cloud 9 Acupuncture, we have a comprehensive neuropathy program designed to alleviate symptoms, with over a 85% success rate.
- Autoimmune: With advanced therapies in combination with acupuncture, we provide relief from the often debilitating symptoms of autoimmune conditions like IBS, Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, MS, Lyme’s disease and more.
- Anxiety and depression: Acupuncture can help to reduce anxiety and depression by stimulating the production of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
- Fertility: Acupuncture can help to improve fertility by increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs.
- Nausea and vomiting: Acupuncture can help to relieve nausea and vomiting caused by pregnancy, chemotherapy, and motion sickness.
- Smoking cessation: Acupuncture can help people quit smoking by reducing cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
If you are considering acupuncture, begin with a consult with Dr. Laura here at Cloud 9 Acupuncture.