- Cloud 9 Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine22 West Padonia Rd. Suite A-203
Timonium, MD 21093
- • Three Steps to Keep Winter Allergies at Bay •
- • Healthy and Hearty Winter Recipes •
- • Three Tips for Maintaining Your Mental Health in Winter •
- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:
Did You Know? . . .
- It was clinically observed that a significant number of fertility couples who experienced delays in trying to conceive naturally also had low Vitamin D levels, first published online 2017 Jun 16, referenced research study at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5545066/
- As of Sept. 3, 2020, doctors are showing a connection between COVID-19 and deficient levels of Vitamin D3. ““Vitamin D is important to the function of the immune system and vitamin D supplements have previously been shown to lower the risk of viral respiratory tract infections,” said David Meltzer, MD, PhD, Chief of Hospital Medicine at UChicago Medicine and lead author of the study. “Our statistical analysis suggests this may be true for the COVID-19 infection.” Referenced at: https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/vitamin-d-deficiency-may-raise-risk-of-getting-covid19
- According to the Mayo Clinic, https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-vitamin-d/art-20363792
“Evidence has Shown:
Research on vitamin D use for specific conditions shows:
- Cancer. Research suggests that vitamin D, especially when taken with calcium, might help prevent certain cancers.
- Cognitive health. Early research suggests that vitamin D might play a role in cognitive health. In one small study of adults age 60 years and older being treated for dementia, researchers found that taking a vitamin D supplement helped improve cognitive function.
- Inherited disorders. Vitamin D supplements can be used to help treat inherited disorders resulting from an inability to absorb or process vitamin D, such as familial hypophosphatemia.
- Multiple sclerosis. Research suggests that long-term vitamin D supplementation reduces the risk of multiple sclerosis.
- Osteomalacia. Vitamin D supplements are used to treat adults with severe vitamin D deficiency, resulting in loss of bone mineral content, bone pain, muscle weakness and soft bones (osteomalacia).
- Osteoporosis. Studies suggest that people who get enough vitamin D and calcium in their diets can slow bone mineral loss, help prevent osteoporosis and reduce bone fractures.
- Psoriasis. Applying vitamin D or a topical preparation that contains a vitamin D compound called calcipotriene to the skin can treat plaque-type psoriasis in some people.
- Rickets. This rare condition develops in children with vitamin D deficiency. Supplementing with vitamin D can prevent and treat the problem.”
Give Vitamin C a shot!
Did you know? . . . Our ability to absorb nutrients starts to decline starting around age 40. That's why we are so excited to offer Vitamin C Injections (Direct Vitamin Injection Therapy, DVIT). This year especially, it's important for us to maintain healthy vitamin C, D3 and B12 levels. Vitamin C is infamous in helping to Boost the Immune System.
How Dietary Needs Change with Aging
from Presenter: Katherine Tucker, referenced at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK51837/
“Dietary needs change with aging in several ways:
People become less active, their metabolism slows, their energy requirement decreases, all of which mean that they need to eat less.
Recent research demonstrates that because older adults’ abilities to absorb and utilize many nutrients become less efficient, their nutrient requirements (particularly as a function of body mass) actually increase. Tucker mentioned that the last set of nutrition recommendations issued by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) include separate recommendations for people age 70 and above for this reason (IOM, 2006).
Tucker noted that as some of the previous speakers had discussed, chronic conditions and medications can affect nutrition requirements. For example, in addition to drug-nutrient interactions affecting drug metabolism, some drug-nutrient interactions are also nutrient wasting. This is especially true of the B vitamins.”
Check out the Zoom Video link below “7 Questions You Need to Ask Your Acupuncturist”
with our Acupuncturists, Jaeok, Nancy, Kelly, Laura & Emily.
Zheng Gu Shui or “Evil Bone Water” has been around for over 500 years as a Chinese Herbal Formula to Treat Pain.
This Evil Bone Water is made by Saint Acupuncture, right here in the USA.
It’s good for Broken Bones, Joint Pain & Arthritis, Bruises, Muscle Cramps or PMS Cramps, Sprains, Sports Injuries, Carpal Tunnel, and Insect Bites.
It is an all natural, plant-based formula that goes Amazingly Well with our
other Superstar Pain Product, Tiger Mom CBD Roller.
We put Evil Bone Water on first where you are having pain, then we roll on the Tiger Mom CBD and . . .
BAM! It’s a 1 – 2 Punch to knock out the pain. The Evil Bone Water gets in deep to the bone (or the joints) where your pain is and helps Tiger Mom CBD get in deeper and faster to provide pain relief. Both Evil Bone Water & Tiger Mom CBD are rich in anti-inflammatory properties while significantly reducing pain, helping the muscles feel looser and restoring Range of Motion to stiff joints and muscles.
Make an appointment today to demo Evil Bone Water and Tiger Mom CBD at your next acupuncture session!
Let us know you’re coming- give us a call or Email to rSVP