- Cloud 9 Acupuncture22 West Padonia Rd. Suite A-203
Timonium, MD 21093
Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:“The Top 10 Reasons to Try Acupuncture”
- Acupuncture to Stop Smoking
- Acupuncture and the Small Intestine
- TCM for Summer Heat
With over 10 years of clinical success helping couples have the baby of their dreams, we know what it takes to get pregnant and stay pregnant.
As we tell our patients, “it takes two to tango!” which is why we treat both partners to improve the egg quality and the sperm quality. Often couples have had preliminary screenings by the OB/GYN office, and sometimes even a full work-up by the local Fertility Center, Shady Grove or Johns Hopkins prior to scheduling a consult. Many couples are then diagnosed with “unexplained infertility” – perhaps one of the most frustrating labels in one’s fertility journey – because there is no real diagnosis, no exact definition of “what’s wrong with me?” so that you can then focus on solving the problem.
Instead, it usually leads patients to feel a deep sense of guilt in not being able to conceive, unnecessary shame, worry that they will never be able to have a child, and fear that they will run out of time before their biological clock runs out. The fear is quite real, as egg quantity and quality (ovarian reserve) severely diminish rapidly, monthly after turning 40.
We are here for you.
With our advanced and innovative therapies, we provide hope to those who otherwise have none. We utilize therapies that help turn back the clock and improve egg and sperm quality, improve circulation and blood flow to the uterus, and decrease stress on the nervous system, thereby improving hormone function and supporting couples to get pregnant and carry to term, with a happy, healthy baby and a smoother labor and delivery. Moms bounce back from labor better after receiving regular prenatal acupuncture care, preparing their bodies for labor and postpartum recovery. Our acupuncturist, Laura, is here with you every step of the way with guided experience as a mom ready to lend an ear or share advise on your future baby shower wish list (yes, you really do need all those burp cloths!) – start with a consult today to join the Cloud 9 Acupuncture family as you embark on your fertility journey.
Did You Know… Arthritis is no match for Acupuncture.
Acupuncture is over 3,000 years old and has been used for arthritis for centuries. Any arthritis sufferer already knows the cold, damp and windy weather Fall and Winter are famous for flare up one’s arthritis without warning. Many can “feel a storm coming on” hours or days in advance.
Acupuncture helps by boosting circulation, invigorating the stiff, aging body parts with fresh, oxygen rich blood chock full of nutrients where needed most. It also moves the lymphatic system, which we affectionately describe as “the one who takes out the trash,” your lymphatic system is what hurries toxins and inflammation and cellular waste out of your body, flushing through your urinary, bowels and perspiration. We never stop learning at Cloud 9 Acupuncture, and just this year alone we have added three new therapies to help our chronic pain patients.
As we age, we are often prone to becoming nutrient deficient in key factors to healing, such as B Vitamins, Magnesium, and Vitamin C & D, to name a few.
That’s why here at Cloud 9 we’ve added Direct Vitamin Injection Therapy (DVIT) to inject the aforementioned vitamins into an acupuncture point to deliver necessary nutrients directly to the bloodstream to help the body heal faster from injuries.
Speaking of Injections, we are also offering O3 Regenerative Therapy which provides stellar results in regenerating cells and tissue, especially for arthritis or joint degeneration.
Ask your acupuncturist at your next visit about DVIT and O3 Regenerative Therapy to learn more and to see if you are a good candidate for these innovative new therapies.
If you feel like you’re battling frequent colds, a cough that won’t quit, or just seem to be tired all the time, it may benefit you to find time for a daily walk or simple exercise routine. Doing this a few times per week can have many health benefits and help build your immune system.
Viruses such as COVID-19 take hold in our bodies when our immune systems are at their weakest points. Below are a few ways to help increase your immune function so your body can function as it’s meant to and stay balanced! continue reading
Sometimes, we just need a little help.
For most of us, this year has been the most stressful -possibly ever. If you have noticed gaining weight during this Pandemic, it is not your fault. Let us repeat: It is Not. Your. Fault.
Stress creates Cortisol levels to spike. Cortisol is often discussed as a big factor in making it easy to gain weight, and difficult to lose weight. For most of us, our Fight or Flight response is constantly running, at an all time high due to the circumstances of 2020.
Now, add in cold weather creeping in – a trigger for many of us to gain weight. Not to mention the holiday season (whatever that will look like) is coming soon. Don’t panic. Just know that we are here for you if you want a little help!
We have effortless ways to support patients who are feeling a lack of control and noticing the scale going up. From a Weight Loss Injection of vitamins and minerals, and all natural supplements, and acupuncture, we’ll have you feeling better in no time.
Questions? Give us a Call at 410-847-4766
Did You Know? . . .
- It was clinically observed that a significant number of fertility couples who experienced delays in trying to conceive naturally also had low Vitamin D levels, first published online 2017 Jun 16, referenced research study at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5545066/
- As of Sept. 3, 2020, doctors are showing a connection between COVID-19 and deficient levels of Vitamin D3. ““Vitamin D is important to the function of the immune system and vitamin D supplements have previously been shown to lower the risk of viral respiratory tract infections,” said David Meltzer, MD, PhD, Chief of Hospital Medicine at UChicago Medicine and lead author of the study. “Our statistical analysis suggests this may be true for the COVID-19 infection.” Referenced at: https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/vitamin-d-deficiency-may-raise-risk-of-getting-covid19
- According to the Mayo Clinic, https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-vitamin-d/art-20363792
“Evidence has Shown:
Research on vitamin D use for specific conditions shows:
- Cancer. Research suggests that vitamin D, especially when taken with calcium, might help prevent certain cancers.
- Cognitive health. Early research suggests that vitamin D might play a role in cognitive health. In one small study of adults age 60 years and older being treated for dementia, researchers found that taking a vitamin D supplement helped improve cognitive function.
- Inherited disorders. Vitamin D supplements can be used to help treat inherited disorders resulting from an inability to absorb or process vitamin D, such as familial hypophosphatemia.
- Multiple sclerosis. Research suggests that long-term vitamin D supplementation reduces the risk of multiple sclerosis.
- Osteomalacia. Vitamin D supplements are used to treat adults with severe vitamin D deficiency, resulting in loss of bone mineral content, bone pain, muscle weakness and soft bones (osteomalacia).
- Osteoporosis. Studies suggest that people who get enough vitamin D and calcium in their diets can slow bone mineral loss, help prevent osteoporosis and reduce bone fractures.
- Psoriasis. Applying vitamin D or a topical preparation that contains a vitamin D compound called calcipotriene to the skin can treat plaque-type psoriasis in some people.
- Rickets. This rare condition develops in children with vitamin D deficiency. Supplementing with vitamin D can prevent and treat the problem.”