PITN or Pain in the Neck is one of the most common ailments we see day in and day out in our clinic. Many times, there is Back Pain and Pain in the Neck together.
There are many reasons for this, as many neck pain sufferers will attest, the upper back and neck are connected like a superhighway. Obviously, both areas are part of the spinal cord, and as such, sometimes will present referred nerve pain or muscle tightness in one area throws off the accompanying area.
One of the most common reasons lately for neck pain are “TECH NECK” – a term we use to describe neck muscle strain and hyperflexion due to looking down at your cell phone for extended periods of time. Facebook, Tik Tok, You Tube and a few others probably come to mind when I mention this. It seems everyone is always on their phones nowadays, even children!
Neck misalignment can create low back issues too, because again the alignment of one area can affect the nearby areas- just like the alignment of your car!
What can you do?
- Take Stretch Breaks to keep your body loose and limber
- Get Acupuncture to improve mobility and function of your muscles and joints
- Use Pain Relief Topicals like our trusted Holy Water & Tiger Mom CBD Oil
- Try Heat, Ice or Massage/Vibration and see what you respond best to
- Take a Vacation to break up the monotony of your work demands on your body, with a change of pace and a change of scenery
- Go to Physical Therapy for strengthening exercises and to get custom exercises specifically for these concerns
- Go to the Gym to stay active, strong, and healthy and to allow your body different movements and activities
- Eat proper nutrition, like Low Inflammation Diet, reduce chemicals by choosing organic, keep a food diary to connect which foods create inflammation and pain in your specific body
- Move it, move it- take dance party breaks throughout your day, especially if you are still working from home
- Take a gentle walk in nature for the relaxation and deep breathing
- Meditation to relax the nervous system and thereby relax your muscles
- Epsom salt bath
Our Therapies: Acupuncture, ATP Resonance BioTherapy, and Direct Vitamin Injection Therapy (B12, Mineral Blend specifically) are fantastic in treating Neck Pain, Back Pain and stiff, tight muscles.
Get started today!